Well, bad news, Atlantis has been postponed to 'early July' due to Endeavor's delays.
It's to be expected I guess and in a way it's actually taken a huge load off.
It's been stressing my a bit not knowing if I'll be able to get my hands on those launch tickets and if I didn't how I would go about getting to the public viewing areas.
At least, if it's early enough July, I might even still be in the country and might even still be able to make my way there. Who knows. I'll leave that up to God. In the meantime however what is great is I'll still be able to SEE the shuttle. My travel agent is trying to book my tour of the Kennedy center so I'll see all the inside workings where they prep the shuttles. I might even be able to see some of the other, now decommissioned, shuttles being prepped for transport to their respectful museums. And Atlantis will be waiting on the launch pad by this time (or maybe still on it's huge transport platform driving REALLY slowly) either way, I'll see it up close and it'll be awesome.
So; disappointed - but I guess it was to be expected, I feel alright about it.
A slight silver lining would be that I might actually now be able to focus that bit better on my fast approaching exams.
No comments:
Post a Comment